ShShares NETWORK

Week 1 Questions & Discussion

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author

***What stood out for you most in this week’s reading?***

1. Post a 150+ word Weekly Reading Summary
      2. Post a 50+ word reply to 2 other learners
      3. Post all of your questions and answers here regarding the reading material for the week.

Coach D Nicole!
      Keymaster

Lady Kimberly! LOVED your response to this week’s assignment! I’d take some of your commentary and begin to share that publicly to develop your audience’s understanding of what coach is and is not.

TIP: Before you “sell” to them, add value so the sell can be a smooth transition.

Latonya,

I totally agree with your statement about how God puts us in places for a specific reasons…not just places, but situations as well.  I am an elementary school teacher as well and I feel that God is going to use not only what I’ve been through as well as what I know to help people discern what God is doing in the world and in their lives. (as they stated in the book)

KaMyka Glenn
          Participant

Coach D,

I agree with you that you have to sell so that the buy in from the clients is huge. Notably will they buy your product but they will buy into you — believe in you, your thoughts, ideas, and message.  It’s a part of the branding for any company or individual.

Thanks, Coach!     … can you please expand on what you mean by sharing publicly?   Do you mean post my assignment in the forum?  or start a blog? (we can discuss offline or in Tuesday’s class if it will be more convenient for you)

Anonymous
        Inactive

Week 1 Questions and Answers

1. How might I be able to utilize my credentials as a Certified Christian Coach?
        I will be able to utilize my credentials as a Certified Christian Coach in ministry as well as the Market Place by helping others tap into their God given callings and gifts. Helping them to navigate through this journey called life.
        2. What is the income potential of a coach (in general)? Research sited from Universal Coach Institute
        • The salary is based on years of experience: 10+ years $321 per hour
        • 5- 10 years $256 per hour
        • 3 – 4 years $194 per hour
        • 1 – 2 years $152 per hour
        • Less than 1 year $128 per hour
        3. What are various methods for earning income as a coach?
        Seminars, group coaching, motivating speaking, audio coaching, ono-on-one coaching, Books
        a. Of the various methods, which 3 will I prioritize?
        Motivating Speaking, One-on-One Coaching, Group Coaching

Coach D Nicole!
      Keymaster

What challenges do you believe you will face in your new occupation as a life coach and why?

Due to my personality and innate desire to fix things, my primary challenge with coaching will be to NOT give advice.  I’m a consultant by trade.  I “analyze and make recommendations”, but as a coach, I’ll have to learn to go against all of my prior training and experience and “just shut up”!   Don’t fix it, don’t give advice… just focus on redirecting the client’s line of thinking.   Instead of having all of the answers, I need to retrain my line of thought to having all of the right questions.     This is going to be very tough for me.

Meochia Clayton
          Participant

I think my biggest challenge will be charging my worth, especially with the population that I plan to serve.  I am used to operating as a non-profit and a volunteer within the special needs population and I “almost” feel guilty in charging them.  In my non-profit business, I raised money for the special needs family to take a vacation with their family and was criticized because I couldn’t provide a fully paid trip for the entire family.  The feedback that I received made me very cautious, so I realize that this is an area that I will have to work on building my confidence and maybe draw up a different plan.

Coach D Nicole!
            Keymaster

Don’t let that stop you Meochia. Push past your own blockages. Don’t let others create those blockages for you.

Coach D Nicole!
      Keymaster

If you are considering it as an income method, what questions do you have regarding merchandising?

I only have one question at this time .. .WHERE DO I EVEN START???  😛

I am quickly learning that I will need a complete and total marketing makeover.  Everything from branding to my name will need to be revamped to better fit my new role as a coach.  I understand now that “Kim” the coach will a different service than “Kim” the consultant.

Meochia Clayton
          Participant

I have been working on e-books and plan to offer more products such as t-shirts, mugs, etc.  Autism Awareness month (April) is usually when people really respond to autism merchandise; however, there are so many options (probably too many) offered during that month.  How can I set myself apart and market products throughout the year?  The only thing that I can think of is a strong campaign such as, “Autism Moms Don’t Quit” (inspired by my friend).  But, are there any other ways to keep a steady income stream?

Coach D Nicole!
            Keymaster

Greetings!

Be sure that your merchandise fits your audience and YOU and you will do find. You have essentially already missed Autism Awareness months if you don’t have your products already, so don’t get hung up there. Do what you can to get AHEAD of the “game” the next time around understanding that promotion and money making are 24/7 366 days a year (even when it’s not leap year!!!).

The way to keep a steady stream is to be a GREAT at what you do and talk money frequently. You can’t be afraid of it!

Good Luck!

KaMyka Glenn
        Participant

Tonya,

I too thought about what I do now and what I would have to change in order to be a successful coach. It’s totally doable!

If I were you I would take a different look at how you view this transition. Although, it may be tough at first I believe that your background as a consultant gives you different insight as a coach. Yes, you will have to train yourself to do the opposite but I would suggest changing your perspective and mindset. For example, think out of the box in your approach as a coach and utilize the pros of being a consultant that really worked and allowed you to be successful, then tweak it to fit the approach of a coach. I hope this makes sense?

Luberta Lytle
        Participant

Kimberly,
        I agree with you regarding your response of wanting to fix the problem or situation.  I will have the same problem, when it comes to my clients too.  I am the person at work and with my circle of friends that comes up with a solution for their problems.  Guess I will have to create a sign that will keep me focused regarding my role in my clients life.  I am not the counselor.  I am the person to improve my clients lives.

This weeks reading was very insightful for me.  Not only did it enlighten me on what coaching is and is not, it also made me realize that I already do a great deal of coaching in a sense.  It’s funny at times how you feel that you may not be equipped to do something because you don’t have the ‘official’ training or credentials, but yet and still it comes so naturally.  This chapter highlighted some of the areas I already work in, whether it’s my ministry duties, my professional duties or just being that ear to a friend/person in need…this weeks readings caused me to question how can I turn what God has called and gifted me to do into a brand…a career?

Kimberly,

you are not alone.  After reading this chapter and working on the research part for the assignment, I asked myself how will I build my brand.  I’m known as na’Khia the teacher…preacher…counselor…workshop facilitator…but how do I can’t help but wonder if I have to rebrand myself or just continue to build?

KaMyka Glenn
          Participant

Na’khia,

I agree with you that this weeks reading was very insightful and brought much to my attention about the foundation of being a great coach, how much I am already doing, and how I utilize God in what I do in addition to seeking his guidance even in coaching opportunities (or dealings) with others. I believe this will be a unique journey in many ways such as becoming an effective and successful coach, becoming more aware of God way in and for us, and journeying with God as we coach others.

KaMyka Glenn
        Participant

My previous comment was for Kim.

This is a continuation of my previous comment—–

Even in my everyday life I look at things from a different perspective and out of the box mentality, therefore I tried to give you another way of looking at this transition.

That is great advice ..thank you!  I kept looking for the “like” button .. but I guess this is not FB, huh?  🙂

KaMyka Glenn
      Participant

What stood out to me in this weeks reading was learning the differences between coaching, counseling, mentoring, consulting, and discipleship. Learning that coaching is like a partnership– accountability partner, that helps you reach certain goals, overcome obstacles/ barriers, and helps you see the potential and best in you even when you can’t see it yourself. I love that the christian coaching is allowing the person to see where God wants them to be and how he sees them.

This chapter was very interesting to me and insightful because I was able to reflect on how I do things naturally, how much of what I do aligns with the characteristics of coaching, and what changes need to be made.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My favourite point and most memorable revelation of this week’s reading is the understanding that coaching is a journey with your client. It’s a team building relationship where two people come together for the purpose of one providing support, insight and neutral direction for the other to accomplish their goals. It made me more excited about this journey and everything I will learn along the way!

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yes Shakeisha… It’s great to know we treat the coaching as a partnership.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good Afternoon all!

Praying that everyone has had a blessed and prosperous day!

As I have gone through “What is coaching?” in this book, I have come to realize that the meaning yet so simple has a major impact.

Learning that this is not about solving someone’s problem as much as it is about (to me), helping them understand the hurdles they have created with negative past experience, and helping them to learn how to excel in spite of them, or helping one to realize that those past things are irrelevant to purpose. That we still can become and live in PURPOSE! It’s all about purpose, and we have to fulfill that no matter what! From my thoughts as the Bible tells us, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he..” we are to help others create and maintain the mindset to move forward, no matter the circumstance.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Learning the difference in mentoring, counseling, and coaching is helping me to see how and where I want go, how I would like to tackle this and how to maximize my potential. As I was reading and getting that there is a little of them all in coaching just that we don’t focus on the negative, but more of how to create the positive. I enjoyed this statement from the book on page 19, “Coaching is helping people learn instead of teaching them.” And it hit me I do this often and say to myself, “you mean to tell me I could have been getting paid for this?!?” Lol.

Question….

In this business or on this journey rather, is it specifics as to what you call yourself or business? Me being the odd ball out always, would want to address the title or name choosing differently and just refer to myself as coach blah blah…maybe because my name is soooo long…lol. But can your coaching business have an actual name? Because mostly what I see is coach her or whomever?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Coach Shonnika…. I think its up to what you are comfortable with. Maybe a shorten version of your name could work. I believe for coaches, people hire people and not organizations to coach them. They want hire people who can relate to them so using your name will help your brand versus using a company name per say. But don’t think you have to use the word “coach’ tho….

Coach D Nicole!
        Keymaster

Lady Shonnika, you can name your business whatever you would like! Great Question!

Anonymous
      Inactive

This week’s reading was a reminder of the difference between coaching and other disciplines such as mentoring, counseling, disciplining and consulting. Coaching is focused on possibility thinking and is futuristic. What was even more appealing for me, was the difference between secular coaching and Christian coaching. As a believer, it is important that as I coach others that I’m encouraging them to find God’s plan for their lives and not settle for their own vision. I know God’s version for our lives is the best version (Jeremiah 1:5, 29:11) so I am very comfortable to help others to find this plan through the help of the Holy Spirit. </span>

Anonymous
      Inactive

Agreeing with ShaKeisha and Crystal, I like that as well about the partnership. To me it allows us to pull and push each other.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you Coach Crystal ☺️

Mojo81
      Participant

<p style=”margin: 0in 0in 8pt;”><span style=”color: #333333; font-family: ‘Georgia’,serif;”>What stood out for me the most in week one’s reading was the impact of a coach versus all the other professions. To think about it in the sport’s context, it’s never the coach’s responsibility to go out on the field to play for you, but instead to give and provide all the tools necessary to perform at your best potential, even in the process. A coach sees beyond what the player believes is possible for themselves usually and draws out what God has put in them. It was the case when I began playing women’s tackle football. Started unaware of my capabilities and their extents because of my lack of knowledge for the tackle side of the game. After a year I realized my coaches had a plan for me, but it wasn’t until I stepped up and pushed myself toward my full potential that it did me any good. I realized I counseled many, but found that they were addressing most of their problems instead of focusing on the solutions. This was a norm for most and when I did some of my sessions, I realized it was more empowering to the client to be a coach instead of a counselor. I was there to read between the lines. I was there to regurgitate what they already spoke. I was there to encourage where there may have been doubt. I was there to assist in guiding versus walking for them and telling them to follow. They were in control and I wasn’t the garbage can they dumped their problems and more of a coach.</span></p>

Anonymous
        Inactive

Listen, I love your analogy with real life experience and I think it’s spot on. Great piece coach!

Anonymous
      Inactive

The most amazing part of this week’s reading is the distinction between coaching and other related fields. The value of coaching is not necessarily in the value of the coach but in drawing out the client’s knowledge of their own value. As opposed to other professions which requires specialized training in order to equip other, life coaching is training in the art of instilling confidence, commitment and competence as stated by Frederic Hudson. The essential thread of coaching is selflessness. The ability to set aside our desires to assist, train, counsel and give advice is essential to helping our clients find their footing and draw their own conclusions of self awareness.

Coaching looks ahead, as opposed to counselling and therapy which focus on past events. Coaching is proactive approach to life that isn’t about healing but about growing. Growing from where we are to where we desire to be – that is the overall aim of coaching our clients. After deciphering the differences, I am much more equipped to be an effective coach that gives my clients exactly what they are seeking.

Mojo81
        Participant

You’re right, the essential thread of coaching is selflessness. Reminding ourselves that it is not about us or what we feel, rather it is about the client and how we can empower without enabling.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Week 1 Reading Summary
      During week 1 session reading assignment, there were several areas discussed throughout the reading. I gained an extensive amount of knowledge of the meaning of coaching. I learned coaching derived from sports and entertainment and later led into the corporate world. Coaching and counseling is often misunderstood in its meaning. Counseling targets problems such as depression, anxiety, conflict, drug and alcohol abuse etc. while coaching focuses on areas such as building skills, helping one to reach his or her visions, goals and objectives in life. Coaching also focus on one’s present and future state.
      Consulting and coaching is often misunderstood among many. Consulting is often sought out for experts within a certain area of expertise to analyze a situation or problem within an organization. Consultants most often provide advice and guidance to help resolve a problem or situation. Coaches do not get involved in analyzing, making a diagnosis or giving advice. Coaches has the ability to listen, understand, ask insightful questions, summarize what is being said, and guide as nondirectively as possible while a person looks at his or her own situation.
      As a Christian Coach, our responsibility is to enable and empower individuals or groups to move from where they are as a Christian to where God wants them to be.

Latasha Lunford
      Participant

From this week’s readings, I have gain a lot of knowledge about careers as a life coach. Some great take aways that were presented were the facts that there are more ways to earn income as a certified christian life coach. The income potential was much more than I expected. It was astonishing to learn that there aren’t christian life coaches in the church. Even though they are present, I myself have experienced a type of christian counseling that focused on my past issues and hardships. we never discussed goals, aspirations, my interests, skills, or hobbies that will push me to another level. Christian life coaches are not demanding, less concerned about the past or problem solving.

Christian life coaches guides its clients to look deeper into their why’s and purpose. They ultimately want to move forward in life with confidence and a clearer direction which will result in a greater fulfillment and unlock a greater potential for them to become better versions of themselves.

Latoya Brown
      Participant

In the first chapter of Christian Coaching Gary R. Collins point is defining and giving an understanding what coaching means. He describes coaching as helping one get from one place to another.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>  </span>Building the clients confidence, have a clearer vision and find fulfillment. Coach is designed to help people learn rather than teaching them. As a coach you need to have the ability to listen, understand, ask questions and summarize what was has been said. As a coach you will encourage, challenge and motivate your clients to clarify their life direction.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>   </span>According to Collins coaching is not the same as counseling, mentor and discipleship however some are similar in ways. Collins states that coaching is about career development, reaching personal and corporate goals, transitioning, clarifying vision and building better relationships. He also goes in to Christian Coaching which is to help those to see where God is moving. Christian coaches help clarify clients calling, purpose and steps necessary to reach those goals. Finally, a good coach is helping others grow, build relationships, clarify and reach their goals.

Latasha Lunford
      Participant

Latoya, I agree with your statement when you quoted the author, ” Christian Coaching helps those to see where God is moving. Christian coaches help clarify calling, purpose and steps necessary to reach those goals.”

Having a spiritual background myself, I can identify with the concept of Christian Coaching. I have been through several Christian programs where I thought they would help me grow. We were so focused on the healing process, I actually reverted to some of my old ways because they reminded me of old habits and situations that aroused anger and resentment. Yes, those bad habits were formed but I’m so past that. I recognized that it happened, now lets move on. It was a few months ago where I met a pastor who really helped me to understand that I must move on in finding my life’s purpose. She actually said that I was called into Evangelism. I was so amazed because no one has ever told me that. However, I felt in my spirit that I must find my service to the Lord. I wasn’t sure what the mission was. Now, this course has provided me with the platform to have a mission and go forth and produce! I appreciate the art of Christian Coaching because it has gives me purpose.

Elizabeth Howze
      Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal” style=”margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: medium; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; caret-color: #000000; color: #000000;”>I found this week’s reading extremely insightful as it gave a detailed overview of Coaching. According to the author, coaching is the art and practice of enabling individuals and groups to move from where they are to where they want to be (pg. 14). This idea of progressive, forward movement was restated and reaffirmed throughout the entire reading. In essence, the job of the coach then is to: Expand vision, build confidence, unlock potential, increase skills, and help clients take practical steps to towards set goals. In order to do this, coaches must be confident, skilled at listening, intentional questioners, and able to give honest feedback. Furthermore, as Christian coaches we must ensure that we are anchored in Christian values and beliefs- what we believe will ultimately influence who are and in turn, what we do and how we do it. It is imperative that the Christian coach not only listens for messages from God but also searches the scriptures in order to discern what is true so that they can help clients: clarify their call, discover vision, and take steps to reach the goals God has put into their lives. One of the dangers highlighted by the author is the nuanced task of staying completely objective and neutral as we are journeying with clients. As challenging as this may seem, the Christian coach must try their best to remain neutral by acknowledging her own values, beliefs, and views and then being mindful of they may/will impact the clients we serve. As we ourselves are guiding and enabling individuals/groups to move from where they are to where God wants them to be, we must be in constant prayer for wisdom, discernment, and knowledge so that we can comfortably offer clients the freedom they’ll need to make choices for themselves and their future.</p>

Monique L. Ross
      Participant

What stood out to me the most in this chapter was the difference between the different types of classifications IE: coaching, counseling or therapy. This chapter I saw a lot of what coaching is not. A coaches job is not to fix the traumatic situations that have left residual issues in the life of a client. But it is to guide them on to achieving their purpose once they have healed from those issues. help

“Unlike counseling or therapy, coaching is less threatening, less concerned about problem solving, and more inclined to help people reach their potentials”Collins, Gary. Christian Coaching, Second Edition: Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality (Walking with God) (p. 14). The Navigators. Kindle Edition. It was interesting to see that as a coach you are actually more free to think outside of the box as you don’t claim to be an expert on the particular issue your client is having. It almost seems like you are a paid bestfriend that just listens and feeds that positive energy that you have inside of you.

Latoya Brown
      Participant

Liz, I agree we must be confident in coaching. How we coach others if we are not confident in our own being. We must seek counsel from God to give us wisdom discernment and what it is that we need to provide as coach to help our clients move forward.

Monique, right coaching is not counseling that made it clear for me as well. We are not counselors but much like a mentor to guide our clients to press towards their goals and aspirations.

Paquila Hudson
      Participant

” Christian Coaching, Helping Others Turn Potential Into Reality (Walking With God)” was an enjoyable read for me.  Coaches are trained and devoted to helping others find increased competence, comittment and confidence according to Frederick Hudson’s book “Handbook of Coaching”.  The definition is simple but I never realized how distinguishable it is as compared to counseling, mentoring, discipling and consulting.  Counseling, which is a genre that I’m personally interested in, deals with problems, spiritual struggles and emotional issues such as depression and anxiety.  The goal is to discover the cause of what is wrong and fix it or bring healing and stability to those areas.  This is usually past focused.  Life Coaching on the other hand is future focused.  It encourages finding fulfillment, better performing, vision and career growth and reaching goals and dreams.  The coach may help someone get unstuck and turn dreams into reality by partnering with the client to bring about change.

Though some may think that a person can coach someone and remain completely neutral, like the author, I don’t feel that you can.  If you have an active relationship with Christ it is going to show up in your principles of everyday life.  That includes your coaching relationship with your client.  I believe that we need Holy Spirit to guide us through every interaction with every client because He knows them and loves them way more than we do.  According to the author “We can maintain a half-hearted devotion to Christ and still work as coaches, but the coaching we do will still lack the power and impact that comes when we permit the Holy Spirit to guide our relationships with our clients.”  I agree with the author that a fully comitted relationship with Jesus and prayer is vital and intended to spill over into every area of our lives.

Paquila Hudson
      Participant

Latasha, like you I was shocked at the level of income that Life Coach has the potential to make.  I didn’t even realize that it was widely recognized or needed for that matter.  Out of all of the spiritual gifts that people have in the church I think those who exhort others are about as close as it gets to a  life coach without even realizing it.  Though counselors focus on healing the past and coaches on moving forward I feel that they’re both needed.  It’s difficult to coach someone forward into the future if they’re still tripping over their past.

Paquila Hudson
      Participant

LaToya I agree that the author did a good job of describing the role of a life coach and exactly how it differs from counseling and mentoring.  A Coach’s job is to encourage a person to have a vision for their life.  Then assist them in mapping out strategies to accomplish it.   I believe in letting them take the lead in the process of their own goals increases the confidence and competency that they have in themselves.

Monique L. Ross
      Participant

Paquila,  I too have an interest in counseling. I am a problem solver at heart. Agreeing with you and the author it will ultimately be our relationship with Christ that makes us effective coaches. I say that because in order to truly help someone move forward in any area we have to move self out of the way and be open to listen and advise from a pure place. If we don’t have a good relationship with Christ we cant effectively lead anyone.

Monique L. Ross
      Participant

Latonya, I think its going to be difficult to remember to not try to fix issues. Having strong relationships with other professionals will be a key component in coaching. Making sure that we are able to recognize what a good client is vs a referral to a profession will be the determining factor if we truly understand what is required of us.

Lisa
      Participant

This weeks reading assignment provided in-depth knowledge on the differences between mentoring, counseling, disciplining and consulting. Although each have their distinct differences author Gary Collins duly noted that “coaching overlaps with consulting, mentoring and discipleship. They all involve a relationship in which at least one person is further along in the the journey of life and willing to guide others”. In one instance Mr. Collins it has been suggested that the “coaching” is the “new word for consulting” and provided words they numerous terms could be used to replace the various career titles but one that stood out to me was the term “soul care”. When I saw that it gave me one of those “aha” moments.  Hmmm, “Soul Care” as I continue to ponder on how that term resonates with the journey I’m on to fulfill God’s will for my life and to help other progress their lives. I ask myself isn’t that what I’m really doing? Caring for the souls of others and mine. At the end of the chapter he provided insight of various traits that clients want in their coaches. (i.e. competence, compassion, knowledge…) I decided to take a moment to think on the traits that I currently have that are strong and will tremendously help others and also evaluate and work on the ones that I must improve upon.

Lisa
      Participant

Paquila, you make a poignant point in the following quote ” <span style=”color: #313b3d; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>Though some may think that a person can coach someone and remain completely neutral, like the author, I don’t feel that you can.  If you have an active relationship with Christ it is going to show up in your principles of everyday life”.  It will be very difficult for me to somehow disconnect from a client and remain neutral especially if they are seeking inspiration, encouragement and guidance on overcoming and fulfilling their greater life purpose. When someone has be faced with constant disappointment, let down and failures my “spiritual senses” perk up and want to go above and beyond to help them. It will be a challenge but if I can find a healthy balance I hope it can and will make a successful impact.</span>

Lisa
      Participant

Latasha great point on “types of christian counseling” I too have experience those types of sessions that solely focused on past hurts, trials and tribulations but never providing a way ahead on progressing on. They may have provided some food for thought or had me study a verse particularly (Jeremiah 29:11). Now don’t get me wrong it is one of my favorite verses however, looking back although those sessions provided a lot of insight to my situation/circumstances and how/why I act or react to certain things they never help me create a vision to rise from the ashes to put in the work to accomplish my goals and aspirations, I had to go seek another source for that.

Maybe one of the differences between Christian coaches and Christian “Life” Coaches is the operative word “Life”. They give us life and a future to toward and build upon….Hmmm just a thought.
      <p style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 10px 0px; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; color: #313b3d; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”></p>

Hope L Brown
      Participant

<span style=”color: #313b3d; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>Chapter 1 Reading Summary Coaching is the art and practice of enabling individuals and groups to move from where they are to where they want to be. Life Coaches listen and give honest feedback. Coaching allows the client to evaluate their lifestyle and form a vision of where they would like to go and build new boundaries into their daily routine. A Coach is someone trained and devoted to guiding others into increased competence, commitment, and confidence. After a coaching session, the client should have improved skills, overcome obstacles remain focused and get to where they need to be. The client should have self-confidence clear direction and greater fulfillment than they had before coaching. Coaching is unlike counseling or therapy, coaching is less concerned about problem-solving and more inclined to help people reach their potentials. Coaching deals with positive psychology and helps people move o higher levels of fulfillment. Coaching is all about relationships and helping someone on their journey. One person is further along in the journey of life and willing to guide the other. Involve accountability, encouragement, and commitment to grow.</span>

Hope L Brown
      Participant

@ Latasha, I agree that Christian coaching does guide the client to look deeper within self to find the answer. The client has to have a clear vision and an understanding to figure out the best decision for themselves. It does allow the Client to become of their full potential.

Hope L Brown
      Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”font-family: ‘Georgia’,’serif’; color: #333333; background: white;”>Liz, you do have a great point that Christian coaches must try their best to remain neutral by acknowledging our own values. I also agree that we must remain in constant prayer for wisdom, discernment, and knowledge. I also received great insight into what life coaching is. I was under the impression it was a lot like counseling. <span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span></span></p>

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.