ShShares NETWORK

Week 5 Questions & Discussion

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author

***What stood out for you most in this week’s reading?***

1. Post a 150+ word Weekly Reading Summary
      2. Post a 50+ word reply to 2 other learners
      3. Post all of your questions and answers here regarding the reading material for the week.

Hi, Team!  I’m so sorry that I have been M.I.A. the past couple of weeks.   I am refocused and ready to assist in moving towards the finish line!  🙂

Here is my summary of this week’s reading assignment:

I felt that I completely related to the section on busyness.   Reverting back a bit to last week’s reading from chapter 8 on Jonah the goldfish and how some people with extremely busy or high pressure lives/jobs are usually the ones most oblivious to other opportunities, this week the reading assignment seemed to expand on that by identifying ‘busyness’ as an external barrier to successful coaching.  I completely appreciated Table 13-1 which not only breaks down a list and description of possible outside barriers to coaching, but it also lists suggestive measures on how to handle this as a coach with your client.  Dr. Collins continues the chapter with doing the same for internal barriers.  I appreciate how he gave a name to the negative inside voices that we sometimes encounter, Gremlins.  I will definitely use this in my coaching method.  It seems an easy way to assist the client in identifying subconcious negativity.

KaMyka Glenn
        Participant

Kim,

I too, can appreciate the tables for the internal/ external barriers because it does provide us as coaches with a strategy or tool to guide your clients with how to deal with them as well as how to move forward once a barriers has been identified. Those GREMLINS can present themselves at odd times but it’s good to know how to get rid of them.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I agree as well, it did shed light on handling outside barriers for me in my personal life. I am convinced now more than ever that I was born for this. Realizing that I have been coaching for many many years. Having to see it  through the eyes of others has made me more aware of the importance of having a coach. Our lives are just as busy and as many of our clients and but again you are right suggestive measures on how to handle this is going to be helpful to coaches as well! Every coach needs a coach!!

KaMyka Glenn
      Participant

There were many things that stood out to me during this week’s reading but I will only highlight a couple such as we discuss may barriers that clients can bring into a session but it is easy to forget that coaches can bring their own barriers into a session, thus becoming ineffective and stalling the session.
      Another gleaning topic was REFRAMING. I love that reframing teaches us to challenge ourselves as the coach and our energy to change our mindset in order to see things differently. We never know if God is using that situation as a ministry opportunity for us.

Finally, this chapter also outlines how important it is to have a clear plan and to trust God and the promises that he has set out for you. The author listed scriptures in Proverbs that King Solomon wrote to help one stay focused on developing the plan, taking action, and keeping God at the head of your plan.The goal setting strategy is an awesome tool to help the coach assist their client in setting and reaching attainable goals.The 7 steps are things that the client can do with or without the coach once the strategy has been modeled and learned.It is also easy for the client to remember to choose SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, time frame) goals.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by KaMyka Glenn.

Meochia Clayton
        Participant

Table 13-1:  External Barriers to Coaching was very helpful for me, it not only identified the barriers but provided a coaching suggestion.  Energy drainers are what I have more difficulty removing or reducing in my life; however, is the area that I will see most growth once I am able to conquer them.  When I am able to manage my time from those things that drain me, I will have more time for more productive activities such as a reading and blogging schedule.   I really think that a lot of people are dealing with energy drainers, I can remember growing up teachers and parents would say, “stop daydreaming” but you don’t hear that too often.   Now it’s stop texting, stay off social media/games, or stop checking your email.  I think that daydreaming was much more creative and a better use of our time than the energy drainers that we deal with today.

KaMyka Glenn
          Participant

Meochia,

I agree that there are o many energy drainers from social media, texting, to people and unnecessary activities and so much more. Once I received myself of energy drainers it was a better space for me. Now, of course I have to maintain my energy gainers to ensure that I am preserving my energy, my time, etc. Let go of energy drainers is a huge relief.

Luberta Lytle
            Participant

Meochia,

The external barriers have been something that I have been struggling with too.  I became obsessed with playing the games on facebook and downloading them too.  All of this wasted time caused my to become unproductive and unmotivated for the things that I really and/or needed to do.  Once, I removed those barriers I noticed that I did not feel as drained and unmotivated as I had been feeling.  People feel that those games are calming measures but they are not, if anything they can cause more stress in your already stressful life.  If you need to reduce your stress levels go for a walk or read a book.

My biggest external problem my circle of friends.  I have really being struggling with this group of ladies.  I have seen for sometime that our lives are going in different directions.  I am having a hard time letting go of these friendships, but I agree with you that once they are removed then I will move forward in my transition.  I have been praying about it and asking God to give me the strength to endure the loss of these ladies, but I am seeing that the writing is on the wall that these friendships, have lasted their course and it is time to move on from this group of ladies.

I agree, Coach Kamyka.  The reframing is definitely a key component.  The more we dive into this course and the more we study ..the more I am learning that my continued self study will be key to my success as a Christian life coach.

Kamyka,

Tables 13.1 & 13.2 were very helpful and informative in providing us with strategies to use with our clients when internal and external barriers arise.  Not only did these tables provide me with strategies to use with my clients, but they also helped me to realize possible barriers that may have at one point, may be currently or possibly could arise in the future that could hinder my own growth/change process and how to work through them

Meochia Clayton
      Participant

The obstacles preventing people from doing what they had agreed to do on page 220 the author stated:  “Notice that only one item on this list deals with obstacles beyond the person’s control, but even this kind of barrier can be surmounted.”  #5 There are obstacles in the way, beyond their control, but even this kind of barrier can be surmounted.  #3 They don’t know why they should do it:  I always have a problem with completing tasks which I am not sure why I’m doing it or that I feel isn’t really necessary.  This chapter provided some very practical “solutions”; however, it’s

This chapter provided some very practical “solutions”; however, it’s really “suggestions” to be used in my personal life as well as my coaching practice.  I have to switch my thinking from solving problems to coaching suggestions.     Table 13-2 is so very helpful also.  When coaching with one of my classmates, I explained how fear and insecurity is the main reason that I find myself procrastinating.  The coaching suggestion for fear and insecurity is to pray, read Philippians 4:6-7; talk openly to a friend, challenge defeating self-talk, build a positive attitude, take small steps and notice what happens, stop imaging worst-case possibilities.  I feel that this suggestion will really help me and get me to my goal of no longer procrastinating.

I remember on the night that we had our first call, during that session coach telling us that this journey would be one where we learn more about ourselves in addition to coaching…and you know what, she was right.  So far I have learned some things about myself week after week through our readings and through the sessions that I’ve had, and this week has been no different.  However, I feel that this week’s reading was the most insightful for me because it made me realize that I was currently in a state where I had ALLOWED myself to become sidetracked by what the book calls “pressures and distractions of life”…dealing with the effects of a storm, end of the school year tasks and deadlines, end of the semester tasks and deadlines, and making sure I stay on top of things here.

Chapter 12 really made things so crystal clear for me during this current state that I’m in.  It also made me realize the importance of having people in your corner to not only push and encourage you but who also hold you accountable when it comes to achieving the goals you’ve set for yourself, and walking in your God-ordained calling and purpose.

This week I witnessed first hand two strategies that was discussed in the book through my mentor…stretching and standing for…I so appreciate my mentor…she really forced me to look at things differently, considering different options and reevaluating some things that I wanted to do, and reminding me of certain goals that I had set and how she could be of help because she believed in me-and she did it in the spirit of love and compassion.  Not one time was she demeaning or discouraging when she had to offer feedback.

Her approach definitely made me say to myself, THIS IS COACHING!!! The feeling I felt when we finished talking made me feel that I was ready to conquer the world…lol…I felt, motivated, encouraged, uplifted, reenergized and refocused.  It’s that feeling I want my clients to leave with…knowing that they have someone who has their back, will hold them accountable, who believes in them and one who believes in them

Meochia,

I made note of that as well, how the list consisted of one obstacle that was out of our control.  Basically, it seems that we stand in our own way.

I know I’ve been guilty of it in the past, and honestly there are times when I still find myself doing it…STANDING IN MY OWN WAY!!! Letting fear, wondering what others may think, fear of failure, etc., hinder me from walking in my purpose.  The only thing that has worked for me is definitely prayer and standing on the promise the God will never leave or forsake me.

I completely agree!  I remember that as well ( this class will be about self) and those words have definitely come to pass.  I also agree with your take away from chapter 12 regarding having friends that hold you accountable.  Thankfully, I have a circle of friends that will quickly tell me to go have several seats when I start on the wrong path.

Luberta Lytle
      Participant

NaKhia,

I agree with you completely regarding Standing in My Way!! I have allowed fear to prevent me from moving to my next step.  If we believe in ourselves and pray that God has our back, then we can do anything that we put out mind too.  This  is something that we are learning and we are going succeed in all of endeavors.

Luberta Lytle
      Participant

My summary from this weeks reading:

On Chapter 12 on page 208, the book talked about Stretching.  The book describes it in the following manner, “it involves stimulating the imagination to dream of possibilities that seem way out of reach.  It is nudging people from their familiar and comfortable routines of doing the same things in the same ways while they expect different results.”

I experienced that first hand last week with Coach D.  She offered an extra credit assignment that required us to do a video regarding Christian Coaching and post it on Facebook.  I put this assignment off for several days, because I don’t like being on videos and/or having my picture taken.  I finally told myself that I would complete this assignment.  I completed the assignment and posted it on Facebook.  I received a lot of positive feedback from several of my friends who viewed the video.  I really learned two things from posting that video: 1. Making a video and posting it is really not that bad, 2. Somebody wanted and needed to hear my story.  After posting the video, my oldest son posted, that from viewing my video, he needed to start back posting his motivational post on his page too.  I am thankful for the assignment that caused me to stretch myself.  I will continue to stretch myself in order to grow!!

Coach D Nicole!
      Keymaster

Chapter 12
      <p class=”MsoNormal”>In this week’s reading I really enjoyed the reference of what King Solomon wrote in the book of Proverbs.  One of my favorite scriptures was mentioned in the list, which was Proverbs 16:3 “Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed. I use this scripture as a motto for my business. And I 100% agree. Without God, my plans could never prosper, my plans will never come together without God.</p>
      <p class=”MsoNormal”>As you continue to read on page 205. It reads” This is a foundation for Christian coaching. For coaching to succeed, God MUST be at the core. I almost shouted in agreement when I read that… lol… God truly has to be at the center of it all. He keeps our mind right, he keeps us grounded to push us through, we have to trust him with everything, and God will show up and show out. So with Coaching, yet Christian coaching to me is a platform for God to use us to help his people not fall off this Christian journey. With wisdom, understanding and the Holy Spirit leading us, we will succeed. We can’t go wrong with God.</p>

<p class=”MsoNormal”> I enjoyed reading this chapter as it discuss settings goals, the strategy, taking action and moving the process forward.  As I have experienced this in my life when with my goals. I would set goals, I would have a “somewhat Plan” However, I never took action to see them through. So I surely can relate to the obstacles and set back in reaching your goals. However, I learned that you do not have to stay in that position. You can get back up and try again but this time, try it with God at the core.</p>

Anonymous
        Inactive

Stretching is definitely a push but necessary to obtain any goal. Many times when we find ourselves stretching, it is because we are treading on new territory. Stretching causes one to look at any situation and make adjustments. I remember getting a new job, my hours changed, by responsibilities changes and most certainly the personalities in the office were different. It took some getting use to but I had to strategies on how to mesh with the new colleagues, the new time schedule and for me it was most certain a stretch!

Anonymous
      Inactive

<p class=”MsoNormal”>“Coaching for Action” and “Coach Trough Obstacles” I will start with the titles alone of both chapters, although self-explanatory and yet so simply put they are both so detailed, as to what we are to be aiming for as coaches with our clients. In turn understanding ourselves as individuals as well as becoming effective coaches. In my classroom I teach in reading that there is so much that should begin to happen in the mind just from the cover and title of a book or piece of text/passage. In Chapter 12 it talks about a lasting change, and as I always make mention that I love how this course includes Biblical principles that we work by no matter what, giving us Godly examples that God had placed in us and around us before what we know now as “coaching” began. I take heed myself to the examples given and the charts for goal setting, knowing for self and knowing how to direct others not only to setting a goal but implementing by taking action.</p>

Anonymous
      Inactive

<p class=”MsoNormal”>Ending Chapter 12 and in to 13, I also noticed that chapter 12 again talked about the busyness of our lives leading us to being comfortable where we are. In my opinion becoming busy makes us feel accomplished, and although we maybe accomplishing what we set out to do that day, we have neglected those things in which we once had a vision for, the reason that we got busy especially if we needed money to get us going, and we took on overtime, extra side jobs trying to make sure we had enough to start but becoming stuck. Which is where we start in Chapter 13, it says “what gets in our way?” True that as it tells us somethings are beyond our control, for example I could have allowed the recent loss of my father to be the barrier I used to keep me from completing my assignments and all that I am working towards. However, although it was out of my control the events to follow learning he had passed, I had to find a way to get past that barrier. In Table 13-1 was my help! The first thing there was what I had encountered! So as you can imagine, not only did I now see my life as just a mere testimony that will help someone someday, but I realized that in every barrier I personally could create that I was able to tell someone else how to deal, and therefore I had just been coached…..AGAIN!</p>

Coach D Nicole!
        Keymaster

Yes ma’am.. I love it…I really admire your strength Shonnika. You are so correct…

Keep pushing forward Lady. I’m praying for you..

Coach D Nicole!
      Keymaster

Chapter 13

This chapter really help me to understanding the different barriers that we may come against on this journey. Yes many obstacles will get in our way and many things will happen that we have no control over. But as the chapter states God is still in control and as long as God is in it, we already have the victory. Sooner or later we as coaches will run into these circumstances, yet barriers. Maybe some of us have already.  So, I really appreciate the tables 13-1 and 13-2 that helps us to counter some of those barriers and the suggestions. Also the sample questions within this chapter..

Anonymous
      Inactive

<p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>I used the goal setting process with one of my business coaching clients. She started at the beginning of the year with an online little girls boutique. She started out with lots of excitement and very little knowledge. In our coaching session a week ago we set the goal of doing the work. Starting with marketing research, availability in her area, and peer connection. We will follow up on this week to see if she completed her assignments. This method will take a lot of follow up and accountability without being afraid to go back and readjust the plan if it is not working.</span></span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>The second Methodology I used was stretching. I used it to help a new college graduate deal with and face the truth about the tragedies in her life that she has been less than honest about for herself. She was stretched to dig down and look for her self identity beyond her gift of music and her love of making others happy. Asking strong probing questions has forced her to look deep within to figure out who she is. This method worked well but you have got to be brave enough to challenge the clients resistance to change.</span></span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>I think they both worked really well and I will continue to try them in different coaching scenarios. </span></span></p>

Elizabeth Howze
      Participant

I found this week’s reading to be extremely helpful and practical. The verses on pages 203-204 served as a great reminder for to center the work of goal setting on Biblical principles. Many of the clients I coached last week wanted to set goals in order to accomplish their desires and as a Christian coach, I need to make sure that I’m reminding them of what the Word of God says about the process we are entering into as coach and client. It also reminded me of the question Coach D asked us in class regarding the “car” and our positions/responsibilities in relation to the car. Also, the quote on pg. 205 was a helpful reminder that idea generation without implementation produces a a-lot of frustration and stagnation, which is why many people desire to have a coach! Additionally, I enjoyed reflecting on the balance of stretching the client’s goals, dreams, and vision but also making sure that they aren’t moving outside of the realm of “reality” or their own capabilities. Yes, we must leave room from personal growth, unfolding plans, and the Spirit of God but we also must make sure that we are moving clients forward to “reachable” goals as they take new risks in their lives.

Lisa
      Participant

@ Elizabeth you hit the head on the nail in regarding us as coaches “moving clients forward to “reachable” goals.  This also brought to my mind and supports the section that discusses “accountability”. I feel that as we move clients forward keeping them “accountable” will also provide means for us to help them see if those goals are reachable. I love how the author wrote this book and all though the Chapter/Sections differ they are all linked and interrelated to be used in multiple situations/circumstances.

Lisa
      Participant

For me this week’s reading assignment provided more clarity on truly understanding how the “Coaching Circle” should be used and implemented. I was Jonah the fish from last week in that corner circling around and reading how to utilize the “strategy” section of the circle was like me being put in the bathtub but it gave me the “aha” moment to swim the who darn tub to learn more! Many of the methodologies and examples used throughout Chapters 12 and 13 I realize I use daily with my employees so transitioning them into my practice will be seamless. For example “stretching” I always tell my employees when you come to me with a problem have two to three solutions already in hand for us to discuss and through that discussion I will let you figure out which will be the best option since you perform the duties of the job.  Giving them ownership of their jobs has provided great success in my experience as a manager. But the most impactful of this week’s reading assignment was the section titled “A Different Set Of Obstacles” boy did this chapter hit home for me.  It talked about recognizing the obstacles that don’t exist in the people we coach but in ourselves. As I continued to read this section it was a critical wake up call for me especially this sentence, “A bigger problem for many coaches is an inability or unwillingness to forgive themselves.” I find that sometimes I’m so hard on myself and I can’t effectively help anyone if they are facing those same obstacles. This enlightenment has put the kick in my behind that I needed to immediately start working on this and get it rectified…I think the anonymous saying on page 232 says it all.  “If two people are in a boat and one stops rowing, you both go in circles.” Wow!!

Latoya Brown
      Participant

In this week’s reading it helped me look at goal setting and strategies in a different light. Often time don’t feel accomplished or we feel we fail when we don’t meet those goals. On page 208 Collins gave great example of how goals are not concrete and can be modified as long as the plan is move forward.  He gave us the example of Moses and the burning bush how there was only a given the short-term goal and that was to gather the elders and give them the word that God have given him. He was clear on the short-term goal. But the he moved forward he would get to the long-term goals. So when initial goals are not being met you need to review, reset or remove the goals to ensure you are moving forward in the right direction.  All the steps necessary to getting to your goals require stretching, taking action and moving forward. I am often reminding myself of this while going through training. I am being stretched and I must complete each task or assignment given to continue to move forward.

Elizabeth Howze
      Participant

@Lisa whew! Your reflection made me want to go back and re-read! You made some incredible points and I love how you instruct your employees to bring problems AND solutions so that you can work them out TOGETHER. Giving our clients ownership is not only stretches them but empowers them and builds their confidence as well. I too, enjoyed the obstacle charts and found myself doing a lot of introspective work this week as well.

Elizabeth Howze
      Participant

@latoya Yes! Goal setting has been so helpful in my personal life but also with clients. Often times they have long term goals and big visions, but are unable to create bite-sized, short-term goals. Helping clients shift their perspectives while keeping the larger vision in sight has been a game changer in coaching sessions. It encourages the client and boosts their ability to see that goals are attainable as long as we remain realistic regarding timing and capability.

Lisa
      Participant

@Latoya- This continues to be one of my biggest self-imposed weaknesses, and since I’ve started this certification process, I’m learning the significant importance of setting goals if I want to be successful in this new endeavor. I love the way he maps out the goal setting process and the Setting Goals Table 12-1 on page 207 is something that I will set up and use personally so that my understanding of utilizing it is ingrained in my memory so that I can effectively assist my clients on implementing it in their lives.

Latasha Lunford
      Participant

This week’s reading was more powerful than last week’s. The strategies discussed in last week focused on identifying where we want to go, the end goal. This week we focused on the planning stage, How do we get there? Chapter 12 discusses how to purposely work backwards and then brainstorming together with the client about the steps that it is going to take to get there. I agree Gary Collins that in setting goals and attempting to accomplish the goals (the book refers to them as Big…Hairy…Audacious…Goals- BHAG), we must put God first. God has to be at the core of each session. Before beginning the session about setting goals, we have to consult God and ask him for direction and clarification. Yes, anyone can set goals and attempt to accomplish them but if its not in God’s will then it won’t matter how hard you try to meet the expectations for the BHAGs, it will never come to fruition. Chapter 13 discusses the obstacles that can become barriers to achieving those goals. But as Chapter 12 stated, asking God to help you overcome and remove those barriers is essential to goal achievement.  The bible states that “No weapon formed against us will prosper” so give those obstacles to God and trust that he will fight the battle for you. He can move a mountain is you had the faith of a mustard seed. As christian coaches, we must continue to remind our clients about this basic principle.

Latasha Lunford
      Participant

@Elizabeth…. I agree with your response to Latoya. “Helping clients shift perspectives while keeping the larger vision in sight…is a game changer for me.”

Have you ever heard the saying, “Which would you rather be a turtle or a giraffe?” I thought this question was crazy. The explanation is that a turtle can only see things from a lower perspective and the giraffe is able to see the whole the whole perspective. We have to be giraffes (christian coaches)  in order to give turtles (our clients) another perspective. We have to coach them to become as giraffes and see the bigger perspective as we do.

Latasha Lunford
      Participant

@Lisa… Your response to this week’s reading was powerful and funny. Your use of language was hilarious because I can actually hear you saying it. I really appreciate your transparency. It’s way easier to see other people faults than admit our own. Like the Bible says, “First cast out the beam out of your own eye and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye.” I’m so thankful for this course. Through the practice coaching sessions, each buddy pulled something different out of me that I didn’t even realized that was there. By opening my eyes and working towards fixing those things, I can become a better Christian Life Coach and open others eyes.

Paquila Hudson
      Participant

What I gathered from this week’s reading is that it is easy to set goals or make plans but they are difficult to bring to pass alone.  Further more if we don’t submit our plans to God and ask Him to direct our steps we may lose sight in the process.  God knows the best route for us to reach our goals and also for our clients.  He knows what will come to challenge our plans, but he also knows how to navigate us around them.  Coaches and support teams can offer wise advice and see our blind spots that may be hindering us, and suggest when we may need to adjust a goal.  Re-examining goals allows us to tweak the expectations accordingly if a situation changes or is unrealistic.  This can prevent a client from quitting altogether.  I realize that I cannot move forward alone and neither can my clients.   I have recently offered my vision of Life Coaching back to God so that He can direct my steps and also the steps of my clients where He wants them to go.

Paquila Hudson
      Participant

Responding to Latoya

I never realized that goals can be adjusted.  I’ve always felt disappointed with myself if I was not able to meet them.  It never dawned on me that they may have been unrealistic,  I think some times when we see others have success in areas we don’t realize that they had help from others, or that they may have had to revise their goals a few times to make them attainable.  I guess wise counsel may be one of those secrets of successful people.

Paquila Hudson
      Participant

Replying To Latasha

I must admit that I have a new way of looking at looking at goals once I realized that I can give the obstacles to God.  Some goals I have never even set because I could see the obstacle staring at me from the start.  I think I just looked at it as more of a weakness in me instead of realizing that with God it can be overcome.  Now I am learning to let God

Paquila Hudson
      Participant

Continuing reply To Latasha

Now I am learning to let God give me my BHAG’s and the instructions that go with them, even if He doesn’t give me the whole picture right away.

Latoya Brown
      Participant

@Paquilla yes that is good because I have written goals and it seems I never reach them. this reading has helped me to revaluate those goals and even adjust or remove some all together because I’m not moving forward. I have learned that I definitely need a coach as a coach. I will be signing up for one soon.

Latoya Brown
      Participant

@Liz I agree with the verses I highlighted that section of the book. This stood out to me because I often try to make things happen on my own. I noticed in my coaching sessions  I was trying to have all the questions ready to go. I also notice in this reading assignment that I haven’t continued to try and lead the call instead of allowing God to lead.

Monique L. Ross
      Participant

What stood out to me the most in this chapter was the section on barriers and obstacles.  The author spoke about coaches own insecurities and self doubt being a hinderance. I felt this was very poignant being a new coach faced with opportunities its easy to allow self doubt to creep in.  The feeling of not having enough experience is very prominent for me. But I am then reminded of the scripture 2 Timothy 1:7  For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. I have found that we have to encourage ourselves and walk boldly in what God has called us to do.  Everyone had to be new at their job and this is no different. I also feel like it makes us be humble with the opportunity because we are so afraid that we are not equipped.  I all things we must trust God as the scripture says Proverbs 3: 5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to thine own understanding 6 In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your path

Monique L. Ross
      Participant

Replying to Coach Toya. I agree being able to be flexible in goal setting has become a comforting factor for me too.  It allows me to truly not be so set in a particular mindset of getting things done that I don’t allow room for growth while on the journey to complete the goal. I also have come to realize that while we set a short term goal for one thing it may very well change into something else that may take a little long. If a goal takes a little longer we sometimes forget to go back a reset the timer because the mission has changed and the time we allotted may no longer be efficient.

Monique L. Ross
      Participant

Replying to Coach Tasha. I think hit the nail on the head when you said ” In God’s Will”.  Especially as Christian life coaches we must be in Gods will in order to be effective with our clients. Being in Gods will take our clients on a journey that gets them what they want but also will allow God to get the glory from our work.

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.