ShShares NETWORK

Week 6 Questions & Discussion

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

***What stood out for you most in this week’s reading?***

1. Post a 150+ word Weekly Reading Summary
      2. Post a 50+ word reply to 2 other learners
      3. Post all of your questions and answers here regarding the reading material for the week.

KaMyka Glenn
      Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”>What stood out to me the most was the biblical look on metamorphosis (chapter 4) that is described as a transformation that comes from God to those who allow him to change their thinking and character. I like how the author used the story of Peter to depict this transformation. He talks about how Peter changed because of:</p>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1;”><!– [if !supportLists]–><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Cambria; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”><span style=”mso-list: Ignore;”>1.<span style=”font: 7.0pt ‘Times New Roman’;”>     </span></span></span><!–[endif]–>A person – JESUS</p>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1;”><!– [if !supportLists]–><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Cambria; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”><span style=”mso-list: Ignore;”>2.<span style=”font: 7.0pt ‘Times New Roman’;”>     </span></span></span><!–[endif]–>Divine power</p>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1;”><!– [if !supportLists]–><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Cambria; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”><span style=”mso-list: Ignore;”>3.<span style=”font: 7.0pt ‘Times New Roman’;”>     </span></span></span><!–[endif]–>Awareness of God’s promises</p>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1;”><!– [if !supportLists]–><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Cambria; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”><span style=”mso-list: Ignore;”>4.<span style=”font: 7.0pt ‘Times New Roman’;”>     </span></span></span><!–[endif]–>Passion</p>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1;”><!– [if !supportLists]–><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Cambria; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”><span style=”mso-list: Ignore;”>5.<span style=”font: 7.0pt ‘Times New Roman’;”>     </span></span></span><!–[endif]–>A God-given plan</p>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraphCxSpLast” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo1;”><!– [if !supportLists]–><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Cambria; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”><span style=”mso-list: Ignore;”>6.<span style=”font: 7.0pt ‘Times New Roman’;”>     </span></span></span><!–[endif]–>Healthy perspective</p>
      <p class=”MsoNormal”>We want the changes that will occur in our lives as well as the lives of our clients to be long lasting and a transformation from God, so that it is impactful as well as beneficial to the person as a whole.</p>
      <p class=”MsoNormal”>Chapter 14 introduces the 4 phases of change:</p>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2;”><!– [if !supportLists]–><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Cambria; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”><span style=”mso-list: Ignore;”>1.<span style=”font: 7.0pt ‘Times New Roman’;”>     </span></span></span><!–[endif]–>GO FOR IT: dream, plan, plateau</p>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2;”><!– [if !supportLists]–><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Cambria; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”><span style=”mso-list: Ignore;”>2.<span style=”font: 7.0pt ‘Times New Roman’;”>     </span></span></span><!–[endif]–>Doldrums: Being out of sync</p>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2;”><!– [if !supportLists]–><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Cambria; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”><span style=”mso-list: Ignore;”>3.<span style=”font: 7.0pt ‘Times New Roman’;”>     </span></span></span><!–[endif]–>Cocooning: Finding new passions and purpose</p>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraphCxSpLast” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo2;”><!– [if !supportLists]–><span style=”mso-bidi-font-family: Cambria; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-latin;”><span style=”mso-list: Ignore;”>4.<span style=”font: 7.0pt ‘Times New Roman’;”>     </span></span></span><!–[endif]–>Getting ready: starting a new chapter</p>
      <p class=”MsoNormal”>It demonstrates for us how God is in every phase regardless of whether we forget him due to excitement, anger or disappointment, or during reflection and guidance if allowed. These stages are critical and it is important for the coach to know which stage the client is in order to effectively help them through it and move on to the next phase.</p>
      <p class=”MsoNormal”>As I reflect on the phases I realize that I am undergoing several of them at the same time. I’m developing new passions and purpose (3), while dreaming and planning a business (1), I am starting a new chapter as I venture out to be fully self- employed in June—I am quitting my job!—– and starting my business (4). While all of these are challenging, I do and have seen God in the midst of it all. He’s provided guidance, clarity, healing, direction, vision, resources and connecting me with people, and so much more. I am so grateful for this journey and where GOD has brought me thus far. I am anticipating all that he has planned for me, what he will do for me, in me, and through me. Most importantly, I anticipate him continually showing me who he is.</p>
      <!– [if gte mso 9]><xml>
      <o:DocumentProperties>
      <o:Template>Normal.dotm</o:Template>
      <o:Revision>0</o:Revision>
      <o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime>
      <o:Pages>1</o:Pages>
      <o:Words>374</o:Words>
      <o:Characters>2137</o:Characters>
      <o:Company>Full Sail University</o:Company>
      <o:Lines>17</o:Lines>
      <o:Paragraphs>4</o:Paragraphs>
      <o:CharactersWithSpaces>2624</o:CharactersWithSpaces>
      <o:Version>12.0</o:Version>
      </o:DocumentProperties>
      <o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
      <o:AllowPNG/>
      </o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
      </xml><![endif]–><!– [if gte mso 9]><xml>
      <w:WordDocument>
      <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
      <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves>
      <w:TrackFormatting/>
      <w:PunctuationKerning/>
      <w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>
      <w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>
      <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>
      <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>
      <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
      <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
      <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
      <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
      <w:Compatibility>
      <w:BreakWrappedTables/>
      <w:DontGrowAutofit/>
      <w:DontAutofitConstrainedTables/>
      <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/>
      </w:Compatibility>
      </w:WordDocument>
      <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=”false” LatentStyleCount=”276″>
      </w:LatentStyles>
      </xml><![endif]–> <!– [if gte mso 10]>
      <style>
      /* Style Definitions */
      table.MsoNormalTable
      {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”;
      mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
      mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
      mso-style-noshow:yes;
      mso-style-parent:””;
      mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
      mso-para-margin:0in;
      mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
      font-size:12.0pt;
      font-family:”Times New Roman”;
      mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;
      mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
      mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;
      mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
      </style>
      <![endif]–> <!–StartFragment–> <!–EndFragment–>
      <p class=”MsoNormal”>I also learned in chapter 18 how to approach coaching a church and it’s very important to be sensitive to their culture be it a business, organization, church, etc. be sure that you define, contrast, connect to prior knowledge, and demonstrate coaching. Another take a way was the difference in spiritual coaching, how to do it, and how it relates to me especially if this is an area that I want to pursue. This really stands out to me because I have been struggling in this area personally as well as how to approach these areas. Through the reading I was able to gain clarity, guidance, as well as a little direction. I am grateful for what God has shown me.</p>

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by KaMyka Glenn.

KaMyka Glenn
      Participant

What stood out to me the most was the biblical look on metamorphosis (chapter 4) that is described as a transformation that comes from God to those who allow him to change their thinking and character. I like how the author used the story of Peter to depict this transformation. He talks about how Peter changed because of:
      A person – JESUS

Divine power
      Awareness of God’s promises
      Passion
      God given promises

Healthy perspective</p>
      We want the changes that will occur in our lives as well as the lives of our clients to be long lasting and a transformation from God, so that it is impactful as well as beneficial to the person as a whole.
      Chapter 14 introduces the 4 phases of change:

GO FOR IT: dream, plan, plateau
      <!– [if gte mso 9]><xml>
      <o:DocumentProperties>
      <o:Template>Normal.dotm</o:Template>
      <o:Revision>0</o:Revision>
      <o:TotalTime>0</o:TotalTime>
      <o:Pages>1</o:Pages>
      <o:Words>4</o:Words>
      <o:Characters>23</o:Characters>
      <o:Company>Full Sail University</o:Company>
      <o:Lines>1</o:Lines>
      <o:Paragraphs>1</o:Paragraphs>
      <o:CharactersWithSpaces>28</o:CharactersWithSpaces>
      <o:Version>12.0</o:Version>
      </o:DocumentProperties>
      <o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
      <o:AllowPNG/>
      </o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
      <w:WordDocument>
      <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
      <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves>
      <w:TrackFormatting/>
      <w:PunctuationKerning/>
      <w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>
      <w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>
      <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>
      <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>
      <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
      <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
      <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
      <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
      <w:Compatibility>
      <w:BreakWrappedTables/>
      <w:DontGrowAutofit/>
      <w:DontAutofitConstrainedTables/>
      <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/>
      </w:Compatibility>
      </w:WordDocument>
      <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState=”false” LatentStyleCount=”276″>
      </w:LatentStyles>
      </xml><![endif]–> <!– [if gte mso 10]>

<style>
      /* Style Definitions */
      table.MsoNormalTable
      {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”;
      mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
      mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
      mso-style-noshow:yes;
      mso-style-parent:””;
      mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
      mso-para-margin:0in;
      mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
      font-size:12.0pt;
      font-family:”Times New Roman”;
      mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;
      mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
      mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;
      mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
      </style><![endif]–> <!–StartFragment–>
      <p class=”MsoListParagraph” style=”text-indent: -.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1;”><!– [if !supportLists]–>1.<span style=”font-size: 7pt; line-height: normal; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’;”>     D</span>oldrums: Being out of sync</p>
      <!–EndFragment–>Cocooning: Finding new passions and purpose Getting ready: starting a new chapter
      It demonstrates for us how God is in every phase regardless of whether we forget him due to excitement, anger or disappointment, or during reflection and guidance if allowed. These stages are critical and it is important for the coach to know which stage the client is in order to effectively help them through it and move on to the next phase.
      As I reflect on the phases I realize that I am undergoing several of them at the same time. I’m developing new passions and purpose (3), while dreaming and planning a business (1), I am starting a new chapter as I venture out to be fully self- employed in June—I am quitting my job!—– and starting my business (4). While all of these are challenging, I do and have seen God in the midst of it all. He’s provided guidance, clarity, healing, direction, vision, resources and connecting me with people, and so much more. I am so grateful for this journey and where GOD has brought me thus far. I am anticipating all that he has planned for me, what he will do for me, in me, and through me. Most importantly, I anticipate him continually showing me who he is.

I also learned in chapter 18 how to approach coaching a church and it’s very important to be sensitive to their culture be it a business, organization, church, etc. be sure that you define, contrast, connect to prior knowledge, and demonstrate coaching. Another take a way was the difference in spiritual coaching, how to do it, and how it relates to me especially if this is an area that I want to pursue. This really stands out to me because I have been struggling in this area personally as well as how to approach these areas. Through the reading I was able to gain clarity, guidance, as well as a little direction. I am grateful for what God has shown me.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by KaMyka Glenn.

KaMyka Glenn
      Participant

i apologize for the extra characters in my posts. I’ve tried twice and it still posts no matter how much I erase.

Luberta Lytle
        Participant

KaMyka
        I liked your breakdown of the different phases that we go through as described in the book. Yes we get excited and forget that God is behind all of these changes. My transition is not going as smoothly as yours and it is because of fear of the unknown. I am praying and asking for strength to complete this transition regarding my business. I too have a desire to transition from employed to self-employed and quit my current job, but my excitement regarding this transition has been short-lived. I know that it is the Devil putting the self-doubt in my mind. Me and God are going to overcome this hurdle and make this business a reality instead of just a dream. Thank for all of your words of encouragement through these last few weeks. They have been very helpful and greatly appreciated.

KaMyka Glenn
          Participant

Luberta,

You’re welcome and I believe you in you!!! ……so YES YOU WILL OVERCOME this hurdle and know that you forever have an accountability partner in me. I know the struggle is real, fear is a beast, but OUR GOD IS GREATER so we must trust him as we pursue our dreams.

Kamyka,

I totally agree with you…chapter 18 was spot on.  We must be very careful when coaching in ministries and churches…it is very important that we be sensitive to and aware of the church, its culture, its members, etc., and even being open even as coaches to receiving input and feedback from them because one thing I know about the church is we can be GREAT RESISTERS when it comes to change, and if we aren’t careful, prayerful and mindful we could end up doing more harm than good.

KaMyka Glenn
          Participant

Na’khia,

So true and I agree with you whole heartedly. The church is definitely where you see the most resistance to anything.The church doesn’t embrace newness well at all but that the great thing about GOD….. he embraces it as well as requires it.

KaMyka Glenn
      Participant

Coach I posted my discussion in the assignment portal so it could be uninterrupted.

I liked where you were going with this, Coach Kymyka.  I completely agree that we want our impact on others (especially our clients) to be life changing.  Our times with them should be ‘cocoon phases’.  A sanctuary of self reflection and growth.   I’m sure that all of the extra characters added in were just your computer getting the HolyGhost in agreement with what you were saying :-).

KaMyka Glenn
        Participant

Kim… you are hilarious @ the extra characters chatting the holy ghost.  They actually happen every time I post but normally I can go in an edit it and everything is fine… but not this time. lol

Life changing is the goal!!

Meochia Clayton
      Participant

What stood out most for me is the Facing Change and how people respond to change.  Which we have to recognize in order to effectively coach.   I categorized myself as an Embracer, one who thrives on change and accept it enthusiastically, sometimes without much thought.  That’s what I think about myself; however, I wonder how people that are around me on a daily basis would categorize me?  I feel that a lot of Generation Xers would be categorized as Acceptors, usually resist change at first but eventually go along with change.  How do you all categorize yourselves:  Innovator, Embracer, Acceptor or Resister?

Great question!  I think I teeter between Innovator and Embracer.  I am one to get bored very easily.  In my personal life, I would classify myself as an innovator since I am constantly changing things.  Whether it be my job, hobbies, living arrangements .. SOMETHING has to change or I get ‘stir crazy’.   In my professional life, I have to consistently keep challenging myself .. new position, new client, new career .. .SOMETHING.   I’ve been in JAcksonville for almost 9 years now and this is the LONGEST that I’ve ever lived in one place.  I usually get antsy and move after 3 years.    Thankfully, I’ve had enough life changing events to keep me pretty entertained  🙂

Luberta Lytle
          Participant

Meochia,

I consider myself an Embracer  regarding my professional.  I also agree with Kimberly I do get bored quickly and needed to find something new to fill that void.  I am constantly trying to find something new to do at work, getting on a new committee, accepting a different position or anything else to break up my routine at work.  I am currently patiently  waiting for another position at my workplace to become available, so that I can promote again.  I will tell anybody at work that change is good.

Meochia,

that is an excellent question.  Most times I fall in the categories of Innovator and Embracer, however, honestly there are times when I have and still do at times find myself in each category.  I guess it depends on the situation and whether or not I’ve decided to buy into something.  Most times my wheels are ALWAYS turning, there have been times I’ve been awakened out of my sleep because of an idea or program I had.  I too find myself getting bored easily and if I’m not keeping myself busy, I’m no good to anyone…lol…ok, it’s not that bad, but you get the idea.

KaMyka Glenn
        Participant

Meochia,

I think I am an Innovator and embracer. Im glad that these chapters were able to really get us to self- reflect as coaches.

Luberta Lytle
      Participant

This weeks reading brought somethings into to perspective regarding my personal life.  In the responses back to Meochia my professional I consider myself a Embracer, but I had noticed in my personal life I fit the Resister category.  This particular category states that this type of person tries to protect themselves from the change and prevent it for occurring.  I know that for the last few months, that I have come up with many excuses regarding why I can’t or shouldn’t launch my business.  I know that God has designated this as my purpose to inspire, motivate and encourage women, by telling my story and life experiences with this particular group of people.  Self-doubt has set in and informed me that nobody wants to hear or will benefit from hearing my story. Causing a delay in this process.  Its better but the process is still moving slowly because of me being very resistant.
      On page 54 of the reading for this week is says the following, “Often we tend to resist change because we fear the unknown, are unsure of ourselves or our abilities, and cling to the good parts of what we have enjoyed. Sometimes like Peter stepping off the boat, we doubt God. Dealing with change successfully requires authenticity being honest about how you feel and not stuffing the emotion that accompany change”. I have two fears going on right now regarding my business, one that nobody will want to hear my story and two that I will fail in the process of this transition. The book has brought a lot of things to life for me and the main thing that I have learned from this chapter is that I must activate my Faith!!

KaMyka Glenn
        Participant

Luberta,

Failure is a crucial part of success. Without failure how do you truly succeed? Whether it’s failure to make the wrong decision for a web design, marketing campaign, business location, finances, etc…. or failure to not trust God, believe what he promised you, or to step out an embark on the journey that has been designed for you…. failure is inevitable in order to be successful in anything.  As a praise and worship leader, choir director, and minister of music I made a lot of mistakes (failures) but it has help to groom me into the singer, leader, worship leader, individual, and more. Look at failures as tests to help you improve your skills or as an individual.

Be encouraged!!!! you will get pass this

This week’s reading really made me very much aware of where I currently am right now in dealing with some things in my own life.  I am in the process of preparing for a career change (not solely the coaching piece)…and I know that it’s time for a change but I find myself somewhat stagnant for some of the very reasons that was listed in the book.  I am well aware that self disclosure is definitely a way to help us move our clients along, however, sometimes self disclosure is definitely a scary thing for me, however, this journey has helped me to become fully comfortable with vulnerability.

The section ‘Facing Changing’ also made me think of either last week’s reading or the reading from the week when it spoke of the barriers that hinder the change process.  I know that this book is certainly challenging me to make the necessary changes in my own life.  Most times I find myself missing out on opportunities simply because of the fear or failure and the unknown.  However, as I get older I realize that failure actually a chance to redo/rewrite some things…but I never want to be the person sitting on the porch in my rocking chair regretting things that I could have done but was too afraid to make the change…as Michael Jackson said, ‘I’m starting with the man, well in this case the woman in the mirror.’

KaMyka Glenn
        Participant

Na’khia,

Well said…. starting with you to overcome the fear, stepping into your destiny and out of your comfort zones is going to be awesome. Know that you’re not alone and this will come in different phases of our lives and journeys. I believe in you and believe in the words of our President… YES YOU CAN!!!!

Let’s take this journey together!

Coach D Nicole!
      Keymaster

>Chapter 18

This was a really good read. There were so many good points but I’ll just focus on a few. The first thing that stood out was on page 290 where it discusses how Christians realize their need for God but after the praying, the baptizing and joining a church, they still feel some disconnect from God. So of course they begin to struggle on the spiritual journey. I have heard and seen this scenario several times with friends and even with myself at one point.

Having an intimate relationship with God is so fulfilling, so refreshing and so amazing. Having this deep understanding helps you to enjoy the peace and joy of trusting in him. And, as the chapter reads it is <b>absolutely critical to spend time with God. This part really stood out to me because I truly believe that spending time with him helps to build that relationship you want with God.

As the chapter discusses we were designed for a loving relationship with God and each other. God is love and his love is in us.  Having his love I us, allows us to continually operate in Love with all relationships we encounter and situations for that matter. Sometimes it takes the love of God in us to keep us grounded and keeps us from reverting back to our past selves.

Coach D Nicole!
      Keymaster

Chapter 3     As we all know change is inevitable. Change will always happen. People will always resist and it is most certainly difficult. This book has a lot of good chapters, such as this one. I have truly learned a lot about myself and I am changing in many ways.
      I see myself as an Embracer, I thrive on change and I accept it without much thought.  I use to see change all time when working in corporate America and I use to hear my co- workers gripe and complain each time there was a change in the office. I would always say hey, why are you upset, Companies change all the time, just accept it and keep working… Working with people who resist change was draining and they made it very difficult.
      There is a quote in this chapter that says:“Often we tend to resist change because we fear the unknown, are unsure of ourselves or our abilities, and cling to the good parts of what we have enjoyed. Sometimes like Peter stepping off the boat, we doubt God. Dealing with change successfully requires authenticity being honest about how you feel and not stuffing the emotion that accompany change”.

>I love this quote and it is so true. In my life one of the changes for me is embracing that I am now self –employed, I no longer work in corporate America…  And I strive to deal with this change successfully and I have been totally honest myself and the people in my circle. It’s not easy but it’s possible and can be done. So I appreciate as the chapter further reads about facing changes and along with the phases of change.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson and the fact that it started with a review of a previous lesson to help bring home the new chapter readings. It was a reminder that we have to keep the goals and plans of action before the client as well as, keep them encouraged as they go through their process. Although we are here to help it doesn’t mean that the results will be immediate or what the client expects yet, we must make sure they don’t become complacent.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello everyone! (sorry)

On the last page of this weeks reading I like how the togetherness, someone to talk with, relate to and just be yourself was being applied. Taking the formality out of it and allowing everyone to just be themselves, still receive support and coaching.

Anonymous
      Inactive

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 11px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Life Coaching Assessment</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 11px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”> </span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 11px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Please answer the following questions completely and honestly.</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 11px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”> </span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 48px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>1.</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>Where are you right now in your Life?</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 11px 48px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”> </span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 48px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>2.</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>What is happening right now you are happy about</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 11px 48px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”> </span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 48px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>3.</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>What is happening right now in your life you are sad about?</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 48px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>4.</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>What do you want to change in your life?</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 48px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>5.</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>What are things you can do to change it?</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 48px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>6.</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>How committed are you to changing it on a scale of 1-10</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 48px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”> </span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 48px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”> </span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 48px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>7.</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>When will you start working on changing it?</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 11px 48px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>8.</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>What would stop you from changing it?</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 11px 48px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>9.</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>What can I do to help support you in this change?</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 11px 48px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>10.</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>   </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Calibri;”>By making the changes how will that benefit you?</span></p>

Anonymous
      Inactive

Here is a really easy personality test. This has been helpful when identifying the personality of the person you are coaching and it is fun.

Draw the Pig Personality Test (ICEBREAKER)

Time
      15-20 minutes Description
      This fun icebreaker can be an energizing way to engage participants. It’s a “personality assessment,” but it’s just for fun; there is no scientific value to the results.
      Materials
       Paper for each participant   Pens, pencils and colored markers for each participant   Printout of the “Pig Analysis” sheet (at the end of this lesson)
      Preparation
      None
      Procedure
      Use the following script (or modify to suit your needs):
       “Let’s start out our time together by getting to know each other.”   “We’ll do it in a funny way.”   “On the sheet of paper that each of you has, I would like you to each draw a pig.”   “Make it as detailed as you like.” (Allow 5 minutes for drawing the pig.)   “Now that you’ve drawn your pig, I’m going to help you do some analysis to see what your drawing tells us about you.” (Read each of the descriptions on the “Pig Analysis” sheet. Keep it light and fun.)   “Take a few minutes, and share your Pig Analysis with your table.”   “Tell them if you think it is accurate or not.”   “So, what do you think? Does your Pig Analysis match your personality?”   “Okay, this was not a scientific instrument, so any truth it contained was probably accidental….or was it?” (You might want to have participants put their names on their pictures and post them around the room.)

Pig Analysis
      If the pig is drawn:
      Toward the top of the paper – You have a tendency to be positive and optimistic.
      Toward the middle – You have a tendency to be a realist.
      Toward the bottom – You have a tendency to be pessimistic and may be prone to behaving negatively.
      Facing left – You have a tendency to believe in tradition and be friendly; you may also be prone to remembering dates well.
      Facing Right – You have a tendency to be innovative and active, but may be prone to forgetting dates easily and may not have a strong sense of family.
      Facing front – You have a tendency to be direct, and may enjoy playing the role of devil’s advocate; you also are prone to neither fearing nor avoiding confrontational discussions.
      With many details – You have a tendency to be analytical, but may also be prone to being cautious to the point that you struggle with trust.
      With few details – You have a tendency to be emotional and to focus on the larger picture rather than focusing on details. You also have a tendency to be a great risk taker and may sometimes be prone to reckless and impulsive decisions.
      With less than 4 legs showing – May indicate that you are living through a major period of change and as a result you may be prone to struggling with insecurities.
      With 4 legs showing – You have a tendency to be secure and to stick to your ideals; however, others may describe you as stubborn.
      With large ears – Indicates how good of a listener you are (the bigger, the better).
      With a long tail – Indicates how intelligent you are (the longer, the better)

Anonymous
        Inactive

Mechelle, I absolutely love this assessment> That may be because I am just a fan of quizzes and questionnaires but this one is definitely one I would like to incorporate with my new incoming clients. I am very easy going and love humor so this is a perfect fit for me and I’m stoked about using it. I am looking at online resources to assist with this week’s assignment but I definitely love this. Thanks for sharing love.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is another Assessment that will be helpful

<p style=”margin: 0px;”><b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: x-large;”>Change Competency ADKAR Assessment</span></b></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”> </span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>The ADKAR model for change management is a results-oriented approach used to:</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 72px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px; font-family: Symbol;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>·</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>manage personal transition</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 72px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px; font-family: Symbol;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>·</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>focus conversations about change</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 72px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px; font-family: Symbol;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>·</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>diagnose gaps</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 72px; text-indent: -0.25in;”><span style=”margin: 0px; font-family: Symbol;”><span style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>·</span><span style=”font: 7pt ‘Times New Roman’; margin: 0px; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;”><span style=”color: #000000;”>       </span></span></span></span><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>identify corrective actions.</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”> </span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>The goal of ADKAR is to give each individual the knowledge and tools to be successful in change. The model is useful in assessing where an organization is for the change – “to build change competency.” The questions below are for the organization as a whole. You can also do the assessment for different groups within the organization based on their relationship to change and their role in a change competent organization.</span></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>When you complete the assessment, complete the ADKAR profile table below. This is the first step towards building change competency in your organization. The first score below a ‘3’ indicates your barrier point. This is where you will need to focus your efforts to move through the model.</span></p>

<h1 style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;”>ADKAR Profile</span></h1>

<table style=”margin: 0px; border: medium; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”1″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
      <tbody>
      <tr>
      <td style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; border: 1px solid #000000; width: 59.4pt; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”79″>
      <h1 style=”margin: 4px 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;”>ADKAR </span></h1>
      </td>
      <td style=”border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 171pt; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”228″>
      <h1 style=”margin: 4px 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;”>Score</span></h1>
      </td>
      <td style=”border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.95in; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”283″>
      <h1 style=”margin: 4px 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;”>Action steps to develop</span></h1>
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td style=”border-width: 0px 1px 1px; border-style: none solid solid; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 59.4pt; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”79″>
      <p style=”margin: 4px 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>A</span></p>
      </td>
      <td style=”border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 171pt; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”228″>
      <p style=”margin: 4px 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”> </span></p>
      </td>
      <td style=”border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.95in; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”283″>
      <p style=”margin: 4px 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”> </span></p>
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td style=”border-width: 0px 1px 1px; border-style: none solid solid; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 59.4pt; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”79″>
      <p style=”margin: 4px 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>D</span></p>
      </td>
      <td style=”border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 171pt; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”228″>
      </td>
      <td style=”border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 2.95in; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”283″>
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <p style=”margin: 4px 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>K</span></p>
      </td>
      </td>
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <p style=”margin: 4px 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>A</span></p>
      </td>
      </td>
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr style=”mso-yfti-lastrow: yes;”>
      <p style=”margin: 4px 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>R</span></p>
      </td>
      </td>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </tbody>
      </table>

<h1 style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: medium;”>Change Competency ADKAR Assessment Template</span></h1>

<table style=”margin: 0px; border: medium; border-collapse: collapse;” border=”1″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″>
      <tbody>
      <tr style=”page-break-inside: avoid;”>
      <td style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; border: 1px solid #000000; width: 329.4pt; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”439″>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><b><span style=”margin: 0px; font-size: 16pt;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>Awareness </span></span></b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>– the organization understands the importance of responding quickly and efficiently to internal and external pressures to change; the organization understands what change competency is and the associated business risk of not developing change competency; all groups understand the business reasons and drivers for making this change in culture, values and skills for managing change.</span></p>
      </td>
      <td style=”border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 113.4pt; background-color: transparent;” rowspan=”2″ valign=”top” width=”151″>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>Review these reasons and ask yourself the degree to which your organization understands all the business reasons for building change competency. Rank on a 1 to 5 scale.</span></p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; text-align: center;” align=”center”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”> </span></p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; text-align: center;” align=”center”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>_________</span></p>
      </td>
      </tr>
      <tr style=”mso-yfti-lastrow: yes; page-break-inside: avoid;”>
      <td style=”border-width: 0px 1px 1px; border-style: none solid solid; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 329.4pt; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”439″>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>Notes: </span></b></p>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </tbody>
      </table>

<span style=”margin: 0px; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’,serif; font-size: 11pt;”><br style=”mso-special-character: line-break; page-break-before: always;” clear=”all” /> </span>

<tbody>
      <td style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; border: 1px solid #000000; width: 329.4pt; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”439″>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><b><span style=”margin: 0px; font-size: 16pt;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>Desire </span></span></b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>– the organization recognizes the impact on its livelihood and operations if change competency is not developed and is motivated to create organizational change competency; all groups acknowledge that the ability to change is critical if the organization is to survive, and they are ready and willing to begin the journey towards a change competent organization.</span></p>
      </td>
      <td style=”border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 113.4pt; background-color: transparent;” rowspan=”2″ valign=”top” width=”151″>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>Consider these motivating factors, including your organization’s conviction in these areas. Assess the desire to change. Rank on a 1 to 5 scale.</span></p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; text-align: center;” align=”center”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>_________</span></p>
      </td>
      </tr>
      <td style=”border-width: 0px 1px 1px; border-style: none solid solid; border-color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0in 5.4pt; width: 329.4pt; background-color: transparent;” valign=”top” width=”439″>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>Notes: </span></b></p>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </tbody>
      </table>

<tbody>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><b><span style=”margin: 0px; font-size: 16pt;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>Knowledge </span></span></b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>– the organization has the base knowledge of what a change-able organization looks like and what skills and values are required; all facets of the organization have a basic understanding of change management theories and practices, and can apply a change management processes to business projects; each group understands its role in a change competent organization. </span></p>
      </td>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>Do you have a clear understanding of the required skills and knowledge? Have individuals received training or education in these areas? Rank on a 1 to 5 scale.</span></p>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </tbody>
      </table>

<tbody>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><b><span style=”margin: 0px; font-size: 16pt;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>Ability </span></span></b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>– the organization possesses and effectively utilizes the tools and processes to manage change; leaders, change practitioners and front-line employees have practice and coaching in being successful change agents and can routinely apply their knowledge and skills to realize change. </span></p>
      </td>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>To what extent does the organization have the ability to implement the new skills, knowledge and behaviors. Rank on a 1 to 5 scale.</span></p>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </tbody>
      </table>

<tbody>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><b><span style=”margin: 0px; font-size: 16pt;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>Reinforcement </span></span></b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>– the organization encourages and rewards successful change through its culture, values and initiatives; support of change competency is reinforced and resistance to change is identified and managed; change is part of “business as usual.”</span></p>
      </td>
      <p style=”margin: 0px;”><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Times New Roman;”>To what degree are reinforcements in place to support and maintain the change. Rank on a 1 to 5 scale.</span></p>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </tbody>
      </table>

Anonymous
      Inactive

What stood out for me this week is simple, change. The resounding emphasis on facilitating long term change in our clients pushed me to deeper thought and analysis in my own life, as well as for those I will be coaching in the near future. I found the tables very helpful and relevant to feelings that we usually undergo in times of transition. When they spoke of transition being a bridge, the mental imagery brought it home for me and made me want to cross some bridges and guide my clients over theirs.

It also made me view the importance of mastering these principles personally to be able to translate them into the lives of our clients. Change is difficult, even when its good and even when its desired. For example, someone who is having their first child. Though this may be an exciting time, and something this person has wanted for some time… there is always fear of uncharted waters. Mastering transition is a necessary skill for coaches, because life is constantly changing and changes almost always give way to fears and insecurities that need to be addressed.

Latoya Brown
      Participant

Chapter 3 Lol!! let’s just say I read it for a second time.  What stood out to me in this week reading assignment was the ways people respond to change there are innovators, embracers, acceptors and resisters.  The more I read I believe I am an acceptor but I am sure i have responded as all that I have listed.  I say that I do resist change most of the time but I have identified why it’s because of the fear of the unknown and usually i go with it because i cannot control it.  In chapter 3 I loved the example of Peter stepping out of the boat Peter was an a resister he was changed by a person (coach Jesus) when he stopped resisting and allowed the Holy Spirit to lead him. As a Christian coach we must allow the Holy Spirit to lead us as we coach our clients.

In Chapter 14 there were some powerful questions that I took note of  them

“If you could design your life exactly how you want it what would it look like?”

“What do you think Jesus wants you to do?”

“How are you including the Lord in your plans?”

“What are you doing to seek His Direction?”

These questions were personal to but could very well be included in coaching a client. I took alot of notes from this chapter. The Sailboat experience ” I can’t change the wind but I can adjust the sail,” what i took from that is not matter what is going you have the power to change how you respond or even react in the situation/moment.  One last thing that i like to point out was the triangle Worship, Work and Play.  We don’t often flow based on the triangle we get deep into our work and not our worship. The last quote I’ll leave is ” I want to be where I am when I’m there.”  How many of can say that we are present when we’re there. Most times we are thinking of what else we have to do versus being present at that moment.

Monique L. Ross
      Participant

What stood out the most for me in this weeks reading was initially what a coach does. How a coach helps a client on the  next journey of their life. levels. “Coaching is about setting vision and reaching goals. When coaching is successful, it’s about bringing and maintaining change.” It reminded me to use compassion when dealing with clients as change is hard and resistance is normal. Hence the failure of Gorbachev. ‘Under threat people resist, cling to what they have and are, and become more fixed in their ideas and feelings.’ — C. H. PATTERSON.

I also liked the the chart on transitional change.  Hudson’s phases of change.  I feel like being able to identity which stage of change a client is in will be very beneficial in coaching them. If you know where they are you won’t push to much to fast and turn them off and or leave them in your coaching. The go for it the client is dreaming about possibilities they are excited enthusiastic, the Doldrums phase this is when the excitement wears off and people become stuck,  The Cocooning phase is all about taking a deep introspective look at oneself without outside interference and lastly the The Getting Ready phase this is when clients feel like they have it figured out and they are ready to move forward. Being able to see where a client falls on the Hudson chart can be very helping. In figure 14-3 the list of how to coach in each scenario is a pure cheat code. The other cheat code is worship and relationship with God. A stated we must have balance with worship. work and play.

Collins, Gary. Christian Coaching, Second Edition: Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality (Walking with God) (p. 53). The Navigators. Kindle Edition.

Collins, Gary. Christian Coaching, Second Edition: Helping Others Turn Potential into Reality (Walking with God) (p. 51). The Navigators. Kindle Edition.

Monique L. Ross
      Participant

Coach Toya, I believe I am vastly becoming an embracer as I go through life learning that nothing is permanent and always changing. While I don’t usually like change as I am a creature of habit it gonna happen so im taking the posture of embracing it all.

Latoya Brown
      Participant

Coach Mo, I to like the chart of  transitional change as well. It made me look at how I operate within the chart in my daily life. It showed me what i need to work on in my personal life so that I can help my client find that balance in their life.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.